Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Art consists of reshaping life but it does not create life, nor cause life.

I haven’t written this week, nothing important to say I guess. We’re working on the Bad Romance video, and HOPEFULLY, if all goes according to plan, it will be somewhat over mediocre (which is what I consider myself at this stage) I think, right now, music videos are my strongest subject. I think that says a lot about music videos in general. For the most part there is no sound to bother with, because you’re using already recorded material. There is only about 4 minutes of screen time that you need to utilize, and your only real job is to make the artist look good. Other then that it is all really just artistic liberties. Which is great, don’t get me wrong it’s just, not much of anything really. So you can keep peoples attention for 4 minutes while a catchy song plays, how is that really an accomplishment? I think I’m just selling myself short. I know, as well as anyone, that any type of artistic anything, isn’t easy. It’s not easy to get people to appreciate your work, let alone enjoy it. It’s one thing to say you appreciate something, and another thing entirely to say you like something. I guess, out of fear, I sell what I do short, because it’s not what I want to be doing. I want to be making movies, even independent movies, with real actors, and real cameras and real sound, lighting, scripts. I fell trapped in this poorly lit mediocre amateur hour. I think it causes me to lose focus, and settle for the 3rd take instead of insisting on another. Stanley Kubrick would be very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment