Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dream Girl

I close my eyes as I walk down the sidewalk of this glorified shopping mall. Pretending i am in a beautiful foreign city. Pretending there are beautiful ancient houses and vineyards hiding behind the trendy shops. I pretend I am someone else. Someone whimsical and beautiful. Someone with flowing hair that shines in the sunlight, and hopeful eyes. Someone with a pretty little body and glowy skin. A girl who's pure of heart. Someone who believes in true love and happy endings. Someone so very different from me. I pretend that I live in a world of beauty and passion. A world that I have created for myself, a world that only exists in the stories I write. A person who only exists in my dreams. A world where even the most dreadful of things can seem beautiful, because she knows that it is all just another dark path she must travel to get to the place she is meant to be. Not me, she is not me, because I am the same dark, lonely, pathetic person I have been for years. The same person that emerged after graduation without a purpose. I am growing to resent my life and everyone in it. I dislike my life and the people in this world that I have created for myself. I have grown to dislike myself, and even hate myself. Maybe one day I'll become the woman I dream I am, or at least a woman of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment