Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dream A Little Dream

Something strange comes to mind, a dream, a story I made up when I was younger. The Shadow Creatures, the shadows from my windows and my tired eyes playing tricks on me would paint these strange shadows on the ceiling, and sometimes I swear they would move. In my story, or my dream (I’m not really sure which) the Shadow Creatures would steal your dreams, leaving you with only nightmares. You were most vulnerable when your mind was in neverland. The place between dreaming and being awake, the place where you can still remember your dreams, the time when it’s hard to tell weather or not you’ve fallen asleep or not. The only way to protect yourself from the Shadow Creatures, was to stay alert in neverland, which is not an easy thing to do. Hiding under your covers and hanging dream catchers, could also help, but the more you would fight them, the more intrigued they would become. It wasn’t until I realized Shadow Creatures true weakness, that I could get a good, easy night sleep. They cannot see their reflection, if they are to see themselves in the mirror they would get trapped. So I hung a string of triangle shaped glass above my bed, and slept with a hand mirror under my pillow. It wasn’t until I caught one, trapped it forever behind the glass, that the creatures realized I wasn’t afraid of them anymore. They realized that no one, no thing, big or small was going to keep me from dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment