Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whatever Shelby

It’s 6:30, I just woke up. I’ve been asleep for 8 hours. For the first time, in a long time, I slept for eight hours on a work night. Usually I make up for all the lack of sleep I got during the week, on Friday, or Saturday, by sleeping in until 11. But last night, I laid down on the couch around nine, fell asleep somewhere around the second South Park episode and woke up about quarter to ten. Instead of trying to keep myself up for another half-hour or so, I get myself up and slowly make my way back to the bedroom. I fall back to sleep somewhere around ten. I wake up 8 hours later, on top of the covers, backwards. For some reason, when I’m really tired, I make no attempt to be normal. What did I do when I realized I was wide-awake 30 minutes before my alarm clock even went off? Why I went back to sleep of course! I could have gotten up, done my hair, gotten breakfast and actually walked into the office feeling nice and chipper, but of course I decided to roll over and go back to sleep, not actually getting up until eight, giving myself 20 minutes instead of 2 hours! Whatever Shelby. I annoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment